Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation log


Stardate 28


If I recall correctly, I left school to go to Havana on Thursday July 9th. Wait let me get my camera so I can be sure of what I am saying. At my advanced age (20) my memory is not as good as it used to be so I use photographic evidence to show me what really happens. 
The dean confiscated all my travel documents the day before I left because she felt the need to exert her power over me. Fine, I knew all my documents were ready so I wasn’t worried. I was right, the following morning I got all of my documents ready. I wore a polo shirt that was given to me by David. He is a friend. I might have already mentioned him. I think. 
Just the day before I left school I made a huge booboo. You see, we have practica docente every Wednesday. That means, we leave school to go to a local clinic and then we observe and get presentations, and sometimes we even get to participate. It all depends on the class of the week. That week we were doing pregnancy and birth. So they took us to the maternity ward to interview the patients, ask them all kinds of questions bla bla bla. Anyway, that never really takes very long, and since the bus comes to pick us all up at 11, we usually have two hours of free time, so we use that to go shopping. I was planning on making a red Thai curry for J (female friend) so she bought me the beef. Granted, I was supposed to cook it for her so we could share it. I cooked it, and in some crazy frenzy I just started eating it, and eating it and there wasn’t much left, and so I told my roommates to finish it. Nuff said, J walked into the room, looked into the pot and surprised, she asked me if I cooked. Though she already knew the answer, she hurtfully said that she didn’t expect this from me. Ok fine, I fucked up so I sent her an email, apologizing for what I did, because she usually just retreats into her room when these kind of things happen, and then I got this blaster email back, which basically ended the friendship. You see, when someone tells me something I assume they have thought it through and mean what they say, so when she told me that she didn’t consider me her friend anymore, who was I to doubt that.
So I just went to sleep, the next day, David, Josh and Louisa (my other friends) went to accompany me to Pinar del Rio. I borrowed an extra 50 dollars to make sure id have enough money for the whole trip back. Yeah I was broke for the longest time. But I have money now and I will pay them back. Anyway so me and J made up and she came with the rest of us to drop me off. Well, first of all, it was noon and the sun was blazing. It’s a 1km walk from school to the bus stop. Which we reached on time I guess. Only there was no transport, once again. So we waited for an hour, but then we just stopped a horse cart and put all of my suitcases on it, and 5 of us mounted it as well. That was funny but we reached Isabel Rubio on time. Isabel Rubio is a town about 4km away from school. It was there where we took a taxi to the city of Pinar del rio.


You know what I just decided. I don’t need to go into all the small little details. Let me just give yall a grand summary

I did get my threesome, it was awesome, I walked 40 blocks in the rain to get back to jesus’ house which is where I ate rice with meatballs, it was delicious. And then I went to the malecon where I met two germans, one had a 1foot long penis. No lies. And the other was a pervert, which reminds me, I have his email address. At 3am I went back to the house to collect my stuff and then I left for the airport. I didn’t have to wait long, I bought cigars and then went for border control where I was detained. Apparently my documents were not correct, after a few phone calls I was let through and I boarded the plane, where I passed out. I woke up 15 minutes prior to landing, and breakfast was done already. Either way, I ate some ham and cheese thing and then I got off the plane in panama. That’s where I met this peruan who was in transit from BA to Newark. He wanted me to transfer some files from a flash drive to his mp3 player. But since my laptop was a piece of shit, it didn’t really work out. He had this funny American accent, he acted like the average African American teenager. Spoke like it as well. He was cute though. So after he boarded the plane, there was this north Korean who invited me to his house in north korea. Funny, his English sucked. He was explaining to me in sign language that western medicine sucks and that I should study acupuncture. 
I left for Trinidad where I fell asleep on the plane, again. I had my rice with ground beef and then I woke up in port of spain. I got off the plane and then got my bags and had a subway sub, it was nice, I bought one for my brother as well. That’s when I started waiting and waiting for my connection Which was 7 hours later btw. I then bought some books and started reading, im not exactly sure what else I did but eventually I was in the departure hall. My pictures don’t really paint the picture either.

I reached suriname, and I entered the new arrivals hall. Its nothing special really, you keep wondering why it took so fucking long to build. Its excessively cold, and its just a hallway and a new hall for baggage reclamation.
 My brother and my mom were there outside and I was happy to see them, hungry as well. They brought me spicy shrimp and sweet and sour fish, it was fabulous, I ate it all like there was no tomorrow. 
I was planning on going out to the YMC Gay night at club Mystique but that never happened as I was tired and my friends had gone to sleep according to my mom. She was lying btw. So at 4am that night I fell asleep.

No comments: