Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Changes

my life has changed ever since ive gotten back from europe.
everything is just a little bit different, some things that used to entertain me before no longer fulfill a purpose whilst other things that didnt now do. Will this happen all the time?
I still enjoy going out to Sandino to drink a little, meet some old friends and go dancing. but no longer want to do this until 3 in the morning and then go run to see if we can get on the first bus to school. Its like 300 times cheaper than a car but somehow im still not willing to trade in my luxuries just yet.
I allso have to survive on a 300 euro budget for the next 10 weeks, 70 days, spending an average of 4.28 euros a day. changing it into local currency I can survive off it quite fine. its the 14th of october today, 2.5 months left. we have a big exam on the 25th of december(only in cuba) and then 10 days of vacation. Marc is coming on the 26th of december. that will be nice spending new years with him.
Sadly though I think most of my friends are going home for those 10 days. the only one who hasnt expressed interest to go home yet is David the negroid. im thinking ill take him along but as we all know he would become a third wheel so Im offering him an extra person, a +1, so he wont have to feel left out for the whole time. sounds like a plan right? so we will drive about, stay here and there, do the cool stuff. one thing at a time because marc will be coming much more often in 2010.
but this is all dec/jan so in the mean time I will have to entertain myself, on a budget. my creditcard will be finished somewhere next week. but that means it will be in suriname, so it will have to get to me somehow. considering the fact that most of my packages have disappeared in the last few months, it wouldnt be such a smart choice sending it here by mail, so were going to send it to marc, and have him bring it over to cuba. it seems fair. and yes, I do trust him

anyway, all things aside
school is becoming annoying with all these secondary subjects, i have all kinds of presentations this week and its not cool. well its not difficult but it does require studying. fine, i will get the videoclass in 10 minutes and start studying. geez. its not like I came to cuba to study. it was for the booze and the bitches.

Ive also started training again, it was about time, i want my appearing love handles to disappear again, if I want to look like marc when im 30 something, I might as well start now before I lose most of my vascularizing capabilities.

Weve been plagued by power outs and lack of water. according to the dean, the well has run dry because it hasnt rained in forever, which is kinda true. but thats no excuse, its called water storage, invest.

so i have almost no clean clothes. tomorrow is a definite laundry day.

I feel like tea, and today is a historical day, my tea has officialy run out.

anyhow, im done bitching about my life
see you in the next episode of

Cubas next top doctor (scrap the top part)

No comments: